Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Letter

So needless to say it's been a pretty exciting week. We flew to Oregon
last Wednesday (9/9) and that was kinda funny, 30 missionaries walking
through the Seattle airport definitely turns some heads (haha). We got
to Eugene and my mission president and his wife are the best! I got to
go knock on doors that first night and everyone turned me down but it
was so fun!

Well most of you probably know that Elder Nathan Poston is
my companion! He's awesome! It was really funny but there was a room
full of trainees and trainers, like 30 companionships, and he and I
got called last. I'm learning so much from him and we are learning a
LOT together because he's only been out 7 weeks now.

I think the coolest experience we've had is we were out trying to find
someone that the sisters had contacted before and we knocked twice and
figured no one was home so we started walking away.   Halfway up the
street I got the feeling we had to go and knock one more time. So
we went back and they answered!  We have a lesson planned for this
Saturday!

Then we were walking to another appointment and a
guy yelled at us asking if we were Mormons.  He said he could tell
because we carry ourselves differently than like Jehovah's witnesses.
So that's cool. We had a long talk and everything we said made sense
to him, so we exchanged numbers and homework (he gave us some bible
verses and we gave him a Book of Mormon), and we are going to call him soon.
Anyways it's awesome here! I'm excited for what we have planned
this week.

Love you all!
-Elder Andrew Deppe

Photo of a service project from this past Saturday:

No comments:

Post a Comment