Monday, October 19, 2015

Letter

Hey guys! This week was pretty cool. The weather was awesome! We finally got rain! I love it! We got to do quite a bit of service this week. We helped an elderly brother in our Ward fix his gutters and mow his lawn and we helped a sister dig clay out of her garden. She is the best gardener I've ever met!

We got to talk to a lot of people this week. I met some of the nicest as well as some of the rudest (if that's even a word) people. I've also had some pretty cool little experiences this week.  First of all I have been craving pizza like crazy. I know it's kind of dumb but I was like WAY craving it. This week we got pizza 3 times. It is really tiny and stupid and not a big deal but it really showed me how much God cares about me that he answered my pizza craving. (I didn't realize how dumb that would sound until I wrote it.)

Before I left on my mission I really wanted to get called to a third world Country so I could just serve people. Where it's out in the open and I know what to do to help them. And I was thinking about it the other day,  "why would God send me here?"  I know there are people here that I need to teach,  I KNOW that with all my heart, but I was still wondering a little.

As I was thinking about this suddenly the answer hit me. God didn't send me to another Country because that's not what he needed to prepare me for. I'm not going to be living in Africa for the rest of my life. I'm going to be living in America. And he needs me to learn how to show his love to his children that are here. Not there. Needless to say I have a LOT left to learn, but now I know why, and that impression has given me an even bigger drive to learn.

I Love you all! Have a great week!

-Elder Andrew Deppe

No comments:

Post a Comment